Residential Heating Services in Red Deer and Central AB
At McMullen's Refrigeration & Heating Ltd in Red Deer and Central AB, we provide homeowners with comprehensive residential heating services. Our services include:
- 24-hour heating system repairs
- Furnace replacement
- Custom ductwork fabrication and installation
- Boiler repair and replacement
- Air balancing and zoning systems
When You Need Furnace Replacement in Red Deer
At McMullen’s Refrigeration & Heating Ltd we want to help keep your family comfortable with a functioning furnace. We don’t want you to be left in the cold this winter if your furnace suddenly fails. The best way to prevent this is to be observant of your furnace’s performance and hire a professional to inspect your furnace if you notice anything out of the ordinary.
There are several warning signs to look for that could be an indication that your furnace needs replaced. These signs include:
- Your furnace is over 15 years old -The average life expectancy for furnaces is anywhere from 15 to 20 years. If your furnace has passed this point, now would be a good time to start shopping. This is a big purchase, and you don’t want to have to make the decision in a panic after your old system has failed and you need a replacement immediately. By purchasing sooner you can make the process a home improvement project instead of an emergency situation.
- Your gas and electric bills are increasing- As furnaces age, they often lose their efficiency, especially if they have not been properly maintained throughout their life. This will cause your furnace to run longer and work harder to provide the same amount of heat it used to, causing your energy bills to increase. Replacing your failing furnace will save you money in the long run as a new furnace will be more energy efficient.
- You have had to repair the furnace recently -If you have had to repair your furnace more than once in the last two years, it could be time to replace it. The cost of these repairs and replacement parts can add up quickly and are a sign that your furnace is reaching the end of its life. Instead of spending money on costly repairs of an old system, your money is better spent on a replacement furnace that will last another 20 years.
- The heat in your home is inconsistent -Are some of the rooms in your home too hot while others seem too cold? Do you constantly adjust the thermostat to feel more comfortable? These are both signs that your furnace no longer has the ability to properly distribute air, and it could be nearing the end of its life.
- The burner flame is yellow or flickering -If your burner flame is yellow instead of blue, this could be a sign that poisonous carbon monoxide is being created by your furnace. Look for other possible signs of carbon monoxide, including: streaks of soot around the furnace; excess moisture on windows, walls and cold surfaces; excessive rusting on flue pipes or pipe connectors.
- Your furnace is making strange noises -Often, old furnaces will begin to make strange noises at the end of their life. If you’ve noticed any banging, popping, rattling or squealing, it’s time to get your furnace inspected.
If you’ve noticed any of these changes in recent months, chances are you need a furnace replacement in Red Deer. Contact us today to request a quote.